We are looking after our friends’ dog this week. She’s eleven; our dog is six months old. As you can imagine, the puppy needs a lot of walks and dog park trips per day! Good thing she’s happy to walk too.
I like taking them first thing in the morning because it’s cooler and I can keep them out longer. That way I can listen to podcasts for 40 minutes to an hour, uninterrupted, while I walk.
Some podcasts are better than others for holding my attention. I tend to like really gripping personal stories and fact/trivia podcasts. Here are the ones I listened to this week:
(warning: the first two have disturbing references to sexual and physical abuse)
- This Is Actually Happening–Episode 68: What if your sister had five personalities?
- This Is Actually Happening–Episode 75: What if you were kidnapped by a police officer?
- Cracked Podcast–Best Fictional Universe to be a Corpse: Portrayals of the afterlife in pop culture
- Caustic Soda–Libraries: Library classification systems; sex + libraries; libraries of the ancient world; libraries in the news and in popular culture. (Fun fact: recorded in the Vancouver Public Library’s Inspiration Lab)
- Slate Audio Book Club–Discussion of Eligible, Curtis Sittenfeld’s modernization of Austen’s Pride and Prejudice
and the most recent episodes of